Intra2net Software Update 6.9.0
New backup system for fast backups
New backup system now supports differential backups
- Fast backup creation for large data volumes
- These only contain changes from the last full backup
- Available in addition to full data backup
- Existing backup datasets still compatible
More backup enhancements
- Backup record storage duration is now configured in days instead of number of backup records
- Prediction of creation time and space requirements of the backup under "System > Backup > Settings"
- New and audited backup encryption based on AES-128-GCM
Recommended configuration of the backup system
- Creating a full data backup over the weekend
- Create three differential backups per business day
- Installation of the Intra2net system with serial console possible
- Migration of all Python scripts to Python 3.7
- CPU microcode updates for Intel CPUs
Cumulative security update fixes 22 vulnerabilities
- (c-ares-1.17.1, curl-7.74.0: CVE-2020-8284, CVE-2020-8285 and CVE-2020-8286, freetype-2.8: CVE-2020-15999, kernel-4.19.162: CVE-2020-29660 and CVE-2020-29661, krb5-1.18.1: CVE-2020-28196, libxml2-2.9.10: CVE-2020-24977, openldap-2.4.55: CVE-2019-13057, CVE-2019-13565 and CVE-2020-12243, openssl-1.0.2: CVE-2020-1971, perl-Convert-ASN1-0.27: CVE-2013-7488, poppler-20.12.1, samba-4.11.17: CVE-2020-1472, CVE-2020-14318, CVE-2020-14323 and CVE-2020-14383, tcpdump-4.9.3: CVE-2020-8037, tcpreplay-4.3.3: CVE-2020-24265)
Updating Linux Basic Services
- (beep-1.4.9, linux-firmware-20201118, microcode_ctl-2.1-41, python-3.7.8)
Note about backup encryption
From version 6.9.0, Intra2net Support can no longer read the password from the system in case of emergency.
Please check on the "System > Backup > Restore" page if the correct password is known.